Friday, September 20, 2013

THE TARTAN TREND

That's a whole bunch of T's.

Individual Photographs via. Pinterest

Who knew an 18th century, predominantly male, Scottish kilt design would be one of Fall 2013's chicest trends?

When I personally think of the Tartan look, the furthest I can think back is the 90s film, Clueless, with Cher and Dionne's head-to-toe tartan get-ups. I'm not sure if you can classify it as a print, but it certainly  has a Autumnal and even Winter appeal. This probably has to do with the red and green association with Christmas, which makes this "print" quite festive and seasonal. But, don't think that just because you're wearing this trend, you'll be a walking holiday ad. The tartan trend can very well be sophisticated and subdued. Think colors like beige, navy, white, or forest green. If you're not into full-fledged tartan pant or even suit (I know some of you are daredevils), you can opt for what I'd like to call a "Pop of Tartan." So, maybe try out a tartan pump, a chunky scarf, or even a tie! 


Would you ever wear this trend?


xx

2 comments:

  1. Just ordered myself a pair of tartan trousers. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already bought my fair share of tartan for the season, I'm lovingg the train. Lovely post and great inspiration :)

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete